Friday, December 7, 2007

How do you begin saying goodbye?

I'm at a new place when it comes to someone leaving. Before, I've always been the one to move on - and the excitement of new adventures has always tempered the feeling of loss at leaving someone important in my life.

But now it's different - I'm going to be the one sitting in the same familiar places - remembering things that happened when we were together. Things that made me mad, or bought a smile to my face. Things I could talk about that I never mentioned to anyone else. Things that made me laugh out loud.

Most people probably learned to deal with it when they were 10 or 11, how did I possibly get this far and never had to? I guess that's why I've had this strong need to be around others so much lately.

I feel like there's a huge loss barreling down the tracks at me and I'm powerless to move out of the way.

No comments: